CWT, the B2B4E travel management platform, has published its June 2019 Annual Responsible Business Report, following another successful year of Corporate Social Responsibility. The company reached its third consecutive annual EcoVadis Gold rating and the United Nations Global Compact Advanced Level rating for its annual Responsible Business Report.
“I continue to be amazed at the way we weave Responsible Business into everything we do,” said CWT’s President and CEO Kurt Ekert. “I am proud of the hard work and commitment shown by our teams around the world.”
Alongside the commitment to the United Nations Women’s Empowerment Principles, CWT recorded some significant milestones in 2018:
- offsetting nearly 2,000 tons of carbon emissions:
- improving the lives of around 35,500 people, and
- enabling the protection from deforestation of more than 2,300 tropical trees;
- 99% training completion of CWT’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct among its 18,000+ employees;
- helping to combat human trafficking and child sexual exploitation by:
- running a digital advertising campaign on the myCWT platform, showing travelers how to report suspected trafficking;
- launching two training programs on:
- unconscious bias for all employees, globally, and
- non-discrimination for talent acquisition teams worldwide;
- publishing the CWT Global Diversity & Inclusion Charter; and
- updating CWT’s Responsible Supplier Code, which sets environmental, social, and ethical standards within its supply chain.
CWT launched its Responsible Business strategy in 2012 with a clear set of commitments and goals, to deliver responsible value to all CWT’s stakeholders – clients, travelers, business partners, and employees.
CWT contributes to sustainability by supporting the United Nations Global Compact and the Sustainable Development Goals.
CWT’s Annual Responsible Business Report
Demonstrating CWT’s commitment to think, act, and live with integrity, the Annual Responsible Business Report covers CWT’s main achievements in its seven Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) areas: Responsible Business Strategy and Governance, Ethics & Business Behavior, Human Resources, Human Rights, Environment, Community Involvement and Responsible Products and Services.
CWT is a Business-to-Business-for-Employees (B2B4E) travel management platform on which companies and governments rely to keep their people connected – anywhere, anytime, anyhow. Across six continents, we provide their employees with innovative technology and an efficient, safe and secure travel experience.