CWT has published its annual Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report. The report details progress made on our key priorities in 2022.
2022 marked a decade of unwavering commitment by CWT in this domain, which first began under the name Responsible Business, and which is now structured using the Environmental, Social and Governance framework.
Why is this change important?
As we began our recovery from the conditions that rocked our company, our people, and our industry during the pandemic, it felt necessary and appropriate to revisit the challenges of being a responsible business. The stakes are higher than ever before. This reflection led to some key updates in 2022 related to Governance.
- The CWT Board formed a special committee dedicated to risk management and oversight of environmental sustainability and corporate responsibility matters.
- The principles of ESG were woven into our new 3-year strategy to ensure the sustainability of our business model.
- ESG was functionally aligned with Employee Experience and Culture to maximize the contribution of all three areas in capturing new business, addressing changing customer needs, and attracting and retaining talent.
These changes will ensure we embed ESG more deeply in our decisions, offerings, and behaviors. In doing so it will help us transform our business. ESG at CWT is about more than compliance and risk management, it has become central to the sustainability of our business model.
We also made important progress in the other two pillars of ESG including:
- In the Social sphere, 2022 saw the launch of our first four global Employee Resource Groups and brought gender inclusive capabilities to our traveler profile management system and our corporate email signatures. We also continued campaigning against human trafficking in partnership with ECPAT International by running awareness-raising ads on the myCWT platform over 7.5 million times.
- In the Environmental pillar, CWT Solutions Group launched the ECO framework as part of their consulting services for clients, and we continued to support industry initiatives around sustainable aviation fuel.